Monday, March 9

Poetry reading - 25th March

who: Mike Stocks & Helena Nelson
where: The Scottish Poetry Library, Edinburgh
when: 7.30p.m., 25th March
how much: £5 (£3 concessions)


If you'd like to hear me read from my books FOLLY and SONNETS, and say hello, then come along to the Scottish Poetry Library (see photo, google map here) at 7.30p.m. on Wednesday 25th March.

I'll be reading with award-winning poet Helena Nelson - her book STARLIGHT ON WATER won the Jerwood Aldeburgh First Collection Prize. Her latest pamphlet is called UNSUITABLE POEMS.

Helena's poetry - like mine, I hope - is approachable and appealing. In fact some of it - like mine, I fear - is said to be "quirky and satirical, not for the faint-hearted or under-10s..."

Helena runs the excellent Happenstance Press with incredible verve - if you write or read poetry, take a look - and she is editor of Sphinx magazine.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Unfortunately, I have a meeting that night, but I really wish I could be there. I know it will be terrific. All the best for it.

Mike Stocks said...

Thank you!

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'm hoping to be there but will be somewhere else first and if that runs over I won't be able to make it!

I like your idea of being the resident blogger for the elephant house btw...

TT said...

Hi, heard you at the poetry library. Had to leave early to get bus. Greatly enjoyed. As an ex-medic, the cardiac arrest poem slayed me, hilarious. Will buy "Folly" . Excellent stuff.
Thanks
TT
oh by the by, we have a poetry thing for Oxfam called "Money Where Your Mouth Is", if anyone is interested....

Mike Stocks said...

Thank you!

Mike