Tuesday, February 10

I see... THE MOON

The middle of the day; there's the last of the snow below me, and a quilt of blue sky above me. A couple of minutes from the cafe I see the full moon hanging in front of a whacking great statue (who is it? Queen Victoria?) on top of the Royal Scottish Academy. Is this beauty (moon, sky, grandeur), or comedy (who threw that snowball at the Queen)? For one or both of these reasons, my camera emerges.

The Royal Scottish Academy is part of the National Galleries of Scotland, situated on The Mound (google map here). The galleries open daily 10 till 5 (Thursday till 7). The permanent exhibitions are free to view, and some temporary exhibitions are free too. From February 14th you can view 25 Years of Photography, which shows the best Scottish photography (old and new) purchased for the national collection during the last quarter century.

No comments: