Tuesday, June 30

I go to see... ANDY MURRAY (again)

where: Festival Square
when: he'll be here for all his Wimbledon matches


Five sets and four hours saw Murray get past Stanislas Wawrinka last night to reach the quarter-finals at Wimbledon, and once again Edinburgh came out in force to cheer him on. First there was me and a guy doing tricks with his bike...

Then there was me and a guy doing tricks with his football...

After an hour I was freezing in the mist, so I cycled to Biblos for a pint and an indoor screen, and watched tennis while Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare and possibly Samuel Pepys watched me back...

Wawrinka and Murray fought like polecats to take it to two sets apiece, at which point I raced back to Festival Square to catch the atmosphere of the final set, and to my surprise, after nearly four hours, there was an atmosphere, though kind of spooky...






Murray's quarter-final is against Juan Carlos Ferrero on Wednesday...



No comments: